A while back I got nominated for this Liebster Award by All-round Girl, and when I say “a while back”, I actually mean ~2 weeks ago. So sorry RO that it took me ages to reply! Been super busy with all sorts of stuff; funeral, looking at houses, a newborn baby (not squeezing one out, but looking at one), wedding planning etc. The list just goes on and I’m actually happy that I managed to catch the mother of all colds this week. Finally I get to relax for a day :)
But enough whitewashing! I was really happy that you find my blog worth reading. It’s too bad that I don’t really follow that many smaller blogs so I’m afraid that this chain-letter looking thingamajig won’t continue from me. However, I will of course answer your 11 questions!
Let’s see, first list 11 random facts about yourself:
- I’m insanely afraid of dogs…
- … and cats, but only when they yawn.
- I really enjoy gardening and my balcony is pretty much covered in different plants. Perhaps I shouldn’t have planted 4 pumpkins, they’ve a tendency to grow big.
- Whenever I see that my savings account’s got an uneven balance, I feel a strong urge to correct it. OCD much? yeah I know…
- Oh, speaking of money. I always feel bad whenever I spend more than 1500 SEK in one day. It’s pretty handy when I go shopping but it’s a bloody pain when buying furniture, let alone an apartment!
- Favourite colour(s)? Purple! and blue, and grey (shouldn’t be much of a surprise there)
- I can’t go to bed unless I bring a glass of water with me and when I say glass, I mean a gigantic one (3-4dl).
- I love high heals but I can’t wear pumps. I don’t know what’s wrong with my feet but the damn shoes are either to small or they fall off!
- I enjoy cooking, and a couple of years ago I adopted the Japanese cuisine.
- I drink tea, a lot of tea. Oh sweet lord Buddha, I’ve never really thought about it before, but I think I drink about 2l tea/day :S
- The only thing I’m allergic to is bananas.
Now to the 11 questions All-round Girl asked me:
1. If you could be an animal, what kind of animal would you be and why?
Obviously not a dog :) Looking at survival rate, I wouldn’t wanna be a chinchilla (I honestly don’t see how they survived this long). I think being one of those huge turtles that grow ancient would be pretty sweet considering the life span.
2. What is the most important thing you gain out of writing your blog?
Hm… my blog is basically a sewing diary for me. And I also get to practice my writing (not that I aim to win the Nobel price in literature but a little practice is always nice) :)
3. Name one wish you have for your future.
To have a nice house with a nice garden and a family to share it with.
4. What do you do when nobody is looking?
Hehe, this is a tricky question :) Blow my nose. I never do that in public unless it’s a real emergency.
5. What is one of your favorite movies?
My neighbour Totoro!
6. What is your favorite dish?
Eh, another hard question. It kind of varies. 6 months ago it would’ve been home-made ramen, but at the moment I have to say nabe or gyoza.
7. Could you tell us about one very embarrassing experience?
Oh crap, another one of those. The only thing that pops up in my head now is when I was like 10 years or so and my mum asked me to just give my grandma a quick call to tell her something. So I picked up my phone and made the call but I had dialed the wrong number and some random dude picked up the phone! Sure, when you’re 10 that’s pretty embarrassing in itself but it gets worse. Somehow I was so sure that I had called my grandma that I completely ignored the man’s voice and said “Hi grandma, it’s me! I was just gonna tell you about this and that”. And the dude went “ehm.. you’ve probably got the wrong number”. Just thinking back reminds me of how truly embarrassed I felt.
8. What kind of music is currently playing in your cd-player/Ipod/car ?
Lots of random stuff: SID, Melody Club, Akeboshi, The GazettE, Slagsmålsklubben, Lordi, Enya
9. Who do you look up to?
Noone really. I dunno if that sounds a bit narcissistic or something. It might be a Swedish thing? “Everyone’s equal and shame on you if you think you’re better!”
10. If you could choose to meet one person that has already died, who would it be and why?
I would be nice to say hello to mr. Neil Armstrong. I would probably ask him if he really set his foot on the moon and then we would have a nice long chat about his trip to space.
11. Name one thing about yourself that most people don’t know.
I need to write stuff down whenever I’m learning something new or else it won’t stick