As I wrote earlier, I attended a cooking class last week. So, for this years midsummer festivities, I of course had to put my new skills to the test! We didn’t really learn how to make the actual cakes which meant I had to search for, and try out a new recipe. Like always, I was a bit nervous but they turned out great :D Since a couple of my friends even asked for the recipe I thought I’d post it.
2 eggs 2.5 dl sugar 70g butter 100g dark chocolate 100g flour 1 tsp baking powder 40g cacao powder a pinch of salt 0.5 dl milk
1) Turn on the oven (170C). Chop up the chocolate and melt the butter in a saucepan. Turn off the heat when the butter’s melted and add the chocolate. Stir until you get a smooth mixture. Let it cool down for a while.
2) Whisk egg and sugar until white and fluffy. Add the chocolate/butter mixture and whisk until it’s distributed evenly.
3) Mix flour, cacao, baking powder and salt. Sieve and add to the egg/chocolate mixture. Whisk until smooth.
4) Add milk a little at a time and whisk until smooth.
5) Prepare the muffin forms and pour in the mixture. Fill about ½ of each form.
Bake for ~10-12min in convection oven. Note that the baking time differs quite a lot depending on your oven. I think I had to bake the cupcakes for ~17min. Check if the cupcakes are ready using a toothpick. They’re supposed to be a little runny. Let the cupcakes cool down before adding the buttercream!
Nutella Buttercream (~15-20 cupcakes)
200g Nutella 200g butter 500g icing sugar 75g cocoa powder
June 26, 2013 at 07:08
They look jummy!
June 26, 2013 at 13:20
Thank you! They sure are yummy as well :D I’m just sad we ate them all :(